time based environmental recordings, condensed .
five minutes went quickly : Back beach, 7pm, 170117
flies rain thunder cats
the pink line disappears : Sunset, Punakaiki
five minutes condensed. 17:50 – 17:55; 220416
gentle sunset, Gentle Annie
her 18249th sunset, 201215, condensed
five recordings of The Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean, condensed.
36 seconds of sunset
150515, five times slower
sunset west, 150515
fifteen minutes near Punakaiki, condensed fivefold.
ten minutes looking towards Open Bay Islands
2’00” visual / audio condensation ; 1:50 – 2: 00 pm, 120115, Okuru.
15 seconds looking west, 150115
15″ visual / audio condensation ; 1’27” midday, Punakaiki area, 150115.
20 + 14
34″ visual / audio condensation ; 1’40” looking north on the last afternoon
eleven minutes in thirty seconds
Fireworks, New Brighton. 051114
Showing: 12-5pm, 3-26 July, 2014
Opening: 3 July, 6-8pm
* the end of the longest night two minute visual condensation, dawn, New Brighton. 6.58 am -7.28 am 220614
* new collection of bird recordings available on a pay as you like basis on bandcamp Six pieces draw from three single microphone recordings:
* A bellbird at dusk in Gore Bay, 30” recording, 7pm 30-09-13
* Water birds on the Estuary at dawn, one hour recording, Kibblewhite Street, South Brighton, 5-6am, 22 -09-13.
* Backyard at dawn, one hour recording, Oram Ave, New Brighton, 5-6am, 31-12-13.
Each recording has been sliced, compiled and played concurrently into pieces of four minutes and thirty seconds duration with minimal editing, technical intervention or processing.
* looking south, looking north
two two minute visual condensations.
looking south for ten minutes
109 is a mix of two recordings made in the backyard approximately a year apart, in the early evenings of the 14th of February 2011, and the 25th of February 2012. Part of the Borderline Listening post, temporary sound installation, Civic Square, Lyttlelton. June – August 2013.